The Margarita is a classic cocktail that consists of Tequila, Triple Sec, and lime juice. They can be served either shaken with ice or without ice and are highly popular in the United States and Mexico.
Undoubtedly one of the world’s most famous cocktails, the Margarita is a delicious holiday cocktail that can be enjoyed anywhere.
Follow this recipe to make the perfect Margarita cocktail.
- 50ml x tequila
- 25ml x lime juice
- 20ml x triple sec
- 2 x lime wedges
How To Make
- Chill your serving glass first by filling it with ice
- Once chilled, remove the ice from the glass and place all of your ingredients into a cocktail shaker
- Shake hard for around 30-seconds to ensure all ingredients are mixed together
- Wet the rim of the serving glass and roll the rim in salt
- Strain the mixture into a serving glass over fresh ice
- Add your lime wedges to the glass
About The Margarita Cocktail
The Margarita cocktail first appeared around 1938 when a lady was apparently allergic to all spirits aside from tequila, so a kind bartender crafted this drink for her and named it after her.
But it’s more likely that the name Margarita comes from the Spanish translation of ‘Daisy’, as daisy is a class of drink that was popular around the same time.
It’s basically a base spirit that is sweetened with liquor or cordial with a little bit of citrus that is usually topped up with some soda water.
There are many variations of the Margarita cocktail, such as Tommy’s Margarita, Frozen Margarita, Spicy Margarita, and more.
Give this above recipe a go and I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with the classic Margarita cocktail.